Five great reasons to make this broccoli super soup
Looking for some kitchen inspiration? Well, here’s five great reasons to make this delicious creamy Broccoli Super Soup.
1. Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables ever, so much so that it often makes the list of super foods. These little green trees are so full of power they can help lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity. They can also help maintain healthy skin, bones, stomach, eyes…and strengthen your immune system. Bam! Pow!
2. Broccoli is in season and the quality is awesome right now. And we all know it just makes good sense to buy in season.
3. The weather is certainly getting cooler so it’s a perfect time to curl up with a comforting bowl of warm soup.
4. Broccoli is notorious for being pushed aside on many a child’s dinner plate, so make this soup, tell your kids it will give them super powers and watch them eat it.
5. It simply tastes fantastic (the secret is in the fennel…ssshh!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 2 heads of broccoli (florets and stem), chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Light sour cream
- Fresh parsley
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan and fry off the onion, garlic, fennel and leek.
- Add broccoli and stock, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the broccoli is tender.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a dash of light sour cream and fresh parsley.